National Institute of Children’s Diseases, Limbová 1, 833 40 Bratislava (hereinafter the “Operator”) collects, processes and uses personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons in the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and with Act no. 18/2018 Coll. on the protection of personal data and does everything necessary to ensure compliance with these legal regulations.
The operator will process personal data only for the purpose for which it was obtained. The operator declares that it will process personal data only in accordance with good morals and will act in a way that does not contradict the law on the protection of personal data or other generally binding legal regulations and will not circumvent these regulations. After fulfilling the purpose of processing personal data, the operator shall ensure the liquidation of personal data without undue delay, unless otherwise required by a special law.
The operator ensures an adequate level of personal data protection, also protects the processed personal data against their damage, destruction, loss, change, unauthorized access and disclosure, provision or publication, as well as against any other impermissible methods of processing, and for this purpose has adopted and is adopting adequate security measures corresponding to the method of personal data processing.
The operator will process personal data in accordance with the rights of the person concerned. The person concerned has the right to obtain confirmation from the operator as to whether personal data concerning him or her are being processed. If the operator processes such personal data, the data subject has the right to obtain access to this personal data and information about:
- purposes of personal data processing,
- categories of processed personal data,
- the identification of the recipient or the category of recipient to whom the personal data has been or is to be provided, in particular the recipient in a third country or an international organization, if possible,
- period of storage of personal data; if this is not possible, information on the criteria for its determination,
- the right to demand from the operator the correction of personal data concerning the person concerned, their deletion or restriction of their processing, or the right to object to the processing of personal data,
- right to file a motion to initiate proceedings under,
- sources of personal data, if the personal data were not obtained from the person concerned,
- the existence of automated individual decision-making, including profiling.
The person concerned has the right to have the operator correct incorrect personal data concerning him without undue delay. Taking into account the purpose of personal data processing, the data subject has the right to supplement incomplete personal data.
The person concerned has the right to have the operator delete personal data concerning him without undue delay if:
- personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were obtained or otherwise processed,
- the person concerned revokes the consent on the basis of which the processing of personal data is carried out, and there is no other legal basis for the processing of personal data,
- the person concerned objects to the processing of personal data and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing of personal data
- personal data is processed illegally.
The affected person has the right to have the operator limit the processing of personal data if:
- the affected person objects to the correctness of the personal data, during the period allowing the operator to verify the correctness of the personal data,
- the processing of personal data is illegal and the data subject objects to the deletion of personal data and instead requests the restriction of their use,
- the operator no longer needs personal data for the purpose of processing personal data, but
- the person concerned needs them to assert a legal claim, or
- the person concerned objects to the processing of personal data.
The person concerned has the right to obtain the personal data concerning him and which he has provided to the operator in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and has the right to transfer this personal data to another operator if this is technically possible. The right to portability does not apply to the processing of personal data necessary to fulfill a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of public authority entrusted to the operator.
The person concerned has the right to object to the processing of his personal data for a reason related to his specific situation carried out within the legitimate interest of the operator, including profiling based on these provisions. The operator may not continue to process personal data if he does not demonstrate the necessary legitimate interests in processing personal data that outweigh the rights or interests of the person concerned, or grounds for asserting a legal claim.
The person concerned has the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning him for the purpose of direct marketing, including profiling to the extent that it is related to direct marketing. If the affected person objects to the processing of personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, the operator may not further process personal data for the purpose of direct marketing.
The person concerned has the right not to be subject to a decision that is based exclusively on the automated processing of personal data, including profiling, and which has legal effects that concern him or similarly significantly affect him, unless it concerns personal data necessary for the conclusion of a contract or performance of the contract between the affected person and the operator.
The affected person has the right to submit a request for investigation pursuant to §100 of Act No.: 18/2018 Coll. on the protection of personal data if he suspects that his personal data is being handled in an illegal manner or if his rights have been violated by the processing of his personal data or a violation of processing security.
The operator or intermediary may, under the conditions established by a special regulation or an international treaty to which the Slovak Republic is bound, limit the scope of obligations and rights if such a limitation is established in order to ensure:
- security of the Slovak Republic,
- defense of the Slovak Republic,
- public order,
- performance of tasks for the purposes of criminal proceedings,
- other important objectives of the general public interest of the European Union or the Slovak Republic, in particular the subject of important economic interest or important financial interest of the European Union or the Slovak Republic, including monetary, budgetary and tax matters, public health or social security,
- protection of the independence of the judiciary and judicial proceedings,
- preventing violations of ethics in regulated professions or regulated professional activities,
- monitoring function, control function or regulatory function associated with the exercise of public authority,
- protection of the rights of the person concerned or other persons,
- exercising a legal claim,
- economic mobilization.
The affected person has the right to defend his rights through a responsible person or by submitting a request for an investigation, a complaint, to the supervisory authority, in Slovakia the Office for the Protection of Personal Data pursuant to §100 of Act No.: 18/2018 Coll.
Contact details for the responsible person: firstname.lastname@example.org